Our 13th GREAT YEAR
June 14, 2014 = Race Day
2014 Event Summary
Last Year’s winners (Jetstart) returning to defend their title.
Outrigger races will be on the Sunday, June 15
Children’s games again this year.
There are still some spaces for additional teams !
Please look at our Dragonboat video. It shows that the younger generation (11 yrs old) really knows what they are doing!!!
- All one day -Races
- PLEDGES go to the local charity or non-profit of your choice. The Rotary Club is providing fund-raising opportunities through the Dragon Boat Festival. (for more info contact Sue)
- More kids games
- Family Division – 10 or more 10-18 year olds plus 2 or more adults (parents, aunts, uncles, family friends) from 9 – 90. Special price $500.00. Finish early.
- 2000M Chase -exciting 8 fastest teams after 2 races.
- Early bird registration discount: by April 15 = $100 and by May1 = $50 (see registration package)
- Youth Divisions- 10-18 years old June 1, 2013 (or in High School). 3 divisions.
Dragon Boat Festivals
Dragon boats are the largest flat water racing canoes in the world. Constructed of fiberglass with air chambers, the 40 foot boats are stable and will not sink. 20 paddlers, a drummer and a steersperson lead to exciting photo finishes in many races. Dragon boat festivals take place around the world.
The Rotary Club of Parry Sound is proud to present community groups and businesses with an opportunity for team building, cooperation and fund raising in a great outdoor setting.
Fun games for children, music, food, vendors and more than 150 volunteers and ?numbers of spectators and participants make Waubuno Beach a great place to be on race day.